X-Sim motion profiles universal manual available!

Here you can share and ask information about creating profiles in general (non game specific)

Re: X-Sim motion profiles universal manual available!

Postby Riton » Sun 28. Oct 2012, 11:14

I saw, for example, profiles DIRT2 very complete, with a combination of effects, for example the "effect 27" with several different values ​​...
Is it possible to have a brief explanation of these profiles.
For example, to explain why these values​​, what effect it gives on the simulator ...
With a concrete example of profile, and opposite explanations it would be easier to understand what effect this picture gives true on the simulator.
it will be a very good complement to the tutorial.

Thank you in advance.
Last edited by Riton on Sun 28. Oct 2012, 16:21, edited 1 time in total.
Riton
X-Sim Supporter

Postby motiondave » Sun 28. Oct 2012, 12:53

Riton wrote:I saw, for example, profiles DIRT2 very complete, with a combination of effects, for example the effect several times with 27 different values ​​...
For example, to explain why these values​​, what effect it gives on the simulator ...
With a concrete example of profile, and opposite explanations it would be easier to understand what effect this picture gives true on the simulator.

Thank you in advance.

27 different values?
Can you perhaps post on here what they are?
motiondave

Postby Riton » Sun 28. Oct 2012, 16:22

It's an error traduction sorry...

I saw, for example, profiles DIRT2 very complete, with a combination of effects, for example the "effect 27" with several differents values ​​...

Thank you in advance.
Riton
X-Sim Supporter

Postby motiondave » Mon 29. Oct 2012, 13:46

not sure what numbers they were but here goes.

27 longitudinal - acceleration and braking mostly, but reacts to big dips and rises in track
25 - lateral, general body lean/roll
26 vertical - bumps, a tricky one and use a collision effect for this to find a decent bumpyness.
28 - pitch, the actual going up and down hills , the frame leans back a bit and forward a bit to give you the impression of going up and down a hill.

Roll, havent done anything with this, but this is more roll of the vehicle in action, like lateral.
Hope this helps, just ask if I have missed anything
motiondave

Postby shannonb1 » Mon 29. Oct 2012, 15:23

I think I understand the question. I have profiles that have the same 1:1 Math for the same ouput multiple times. For example '30' might have an entry that is 4000 to 40 and then another entrey that is 400000 to 40000.....those can give you different effects at different ranges acting around other math variables that you have in play. havent mastered ths and these are just fake numbers, not from my profile.

My most extensive is for iracing in a spec racer. lots of bumps

Also noted Roll,,,,,for me roll sometimes will play too much off road surfaces meaning if im turning left and the turn is banked in, the car will lean into the turn and not instead roll opposite of the turn taking into affect the g forces.
shannonb1
X-Sim Stage 2 edition

Postby Riton » Mon 29. Oct 2012, 19:04

yes, it is!
Profile with multiple entries of the same effect with different values.
As it is difficult to understand, I would like a small simple explanation of a concrete example.
if you put 1 ...... 400 000'll do it: ....
if you put 4000 ....... 8000000, it will do that on the simulator:

then it is easier to test an example if I know that I must find as a result

For example, I find my simulator too violent, I would feel the effect but with less violence.
so I'm trying to understand this result.
Thank you for your help despite my problems with translation!
Riton
X-Sim Supporter

Postby motiondave » Tue 30. Oct 2012, 01:09

Ok, lets try to clarify this

Different simulators, different preference for motion, different PC setups.... all equal different profiles.

There has been a lot of talk about profile making.
It is a subject, that even a dedicated thread may not solve.
I have done a few videos on how to add effect and forces, so we all have a general idea of how to do things.
There are no set numbers, you need to use auto max adjust to find some initial numbers, then untick the box for that, go for a drive and test, change numbers and or percentage of force effect , re-test.
Everyone has different feelings for motion.

Profile making will take TIME. Even after 2 years I am still changing some settings.

Riton, to make the effect less violent, please refer to my video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4nSg0VVgP8 , adding collision effect on a force allows you to set a decent number in the force and then using collision effect, this will soften the extra blow of a big hit.
motiondave

Previous

Return to Creating motion profiles