A10C connected, no motion data. F15, Su25/27 work!

A10C connected, no motion data. F15, Su25/27 work!

Postby laurivs » Tue 10. Mar 2015, 04:50

I have been using only the F15 for reference when trying to optimize the motion sim experience and today I noticed that A10C doesn't provide the data via export.lua as it used to. I see "Connected" but no other data moving any more. A10A, F15, SU27,SU33,SU25 however work!
Huey, MI8, P51 free and payware don't give motion data. This might be due to a recent update to DCS, not sure.

I have a custom program that receives everything that export.lua sends and I see nothing when using A10C, Huey, MI8, P51. Connection is achieved, but no data moving. Maybe there is something wrong in the string format in export.lua. Very odd. If anyone could point me out in the right direction or if someone already solved this long ago, please post a reply.

Earlier everything worked.

-L
laurivs

Re: A10C connected, no motion data. F15, Su25/27 work!

Postby laurivs » Mon 16. Mar 2015, 05:22

Solved for now,

I modified export.lua to it's very original form for exporting data to x-sim.
I deleted the following that I had previously succesfully used in export.lua and now they don't work anymore. Maybe due to DCS update or something. :cry:

LoGetIndicatedAirSpeed()
LoGetMechInfo().canopy.value

These functions don't give values anymore, and if left in export.lua, you'll get "connected" in lockon plug, but all data reads zero (0).
When these functions are removed, everything works.

It is interesting to note, that all FC3 planes still do support these functions but other payware such as A10C, MI8, P51 and Huey do not. I can live without these functions but if anyone knows how to get them working please chime in.

-L

Edit: after a lot more googling, it seems like these functions haven't worked properly since late 2014..!
http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134058
laurivs

Return to Digital Combat Simulator Series