power supply for a fan system

Topics and questions about power supplies

power supply for a fan system

Postby chris62 » Sun 21. Oct 2012, 15:54

Hi,
I use on my sim rig a fan system like here described in the forum with a 6v battery. My problem is to use the correct power supply for the battery. I connected a charging station from a helicopter modell but this was not really a perfect solution because it has an auto stop modus and is was not permanently connected. However this device is now damaged.
I assume I must have an another supply. Could anybody advise me how I could solve this problem?

Many thanks for help

Regards Chris
chris62

Re: power supply for a fan system

Postby motiondave » Sun 21. Oct 2012, 23:17

Hello, you have not given a description of the fan used, nor the power supply used.
Can you please post some more information.
motiondave

Re: power supply for a fan system

Postby chris62 » Tue 23. Oct 2012, 18:22

Hi
thanks for response. I use the equipment as follow but without power AC adapter, because it is an US adapter with 110 V and I need 220 V. So I used a graupner ultramat 16 adjustable charger station. Unfortunately it is demageg because it is not really healthy to load the battery during the working process of the fans. It is the same configuration than the described system from here in the forum except the power supply.

- Rechargeable-Sealed-Lead-Acid-Battery-6V-4AH witch is powered with a 7V-2A-AC-DC-Power-AC-adapter.
- Pololu Micro Maestro 6-Channel USB Servo Controller (Assembled)
- ATC fuses+holders, Deans and Bullet connectors
- TURNIGY Basic 25A and a 40A Speed Controller ESC (electronic speed controller)
- 2x70mm Duct Fan + 3000KV Motor for lipo RC Jet EDF plane (Fans for radio controlled planes)

Best regards
Chris
chris62

Return to Power supplies