Wish to use Firefox as default Browser

General topics (e.g. suggestions) about the forum and website. No bug reports or feature requests, please use the seperate forum for those instead.

Wish to use Firefox as default Browser

Postby Fasterthanu » Sat 17. Jan 2015, 06:58

Hi great site and product. I have latest version v3.0.2.9 and use it often for relaxation etc.
In a previous version of software I remember it being possible to choose which browser you could use to play. It is probably me but I just cant find where/how to set this to Firefox. Dumb eh?
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Fasterthanu

Re: Wish to use Firefox as default Browser

Postby sirnoname » Sat 17. Jan 2015, 14:39

For games you can choose the browser in the game setup assistant if you open advanced options.
If a answer is correct or did help you for a solution, please use the solve button.
sirnoname
Site Admin

Postby Fasterthanu » Sun 18. Jan 2015, 12:38

Thanks for your reply sirnoname.
I'm afraid I'm a little lost with this. I've tried to do what you suggest but I cant find any games assistant in the advanced area. I can only find Joystick Profile and Simulator Type.
I hope you can point me a bit closer.

TIA
Fasterthanu

Postby sirnoname » Sun 18. Jan 2015, 13:45

Bottom left, game wizard then lowest button.
If a answer is correct or did help you for a solution, please use the solve button.
sirnoname
Site Admin

Postby Fasterthanu » Tue 20. Jan 2015, 10:09

Thanks sirnoname. I was looking in the wrong place. I have always started the game using Sim Commander 3 desktop button. One I reailised you were talking about the X-Sim Extractor button I found the Wizard.

Seems to be starting now with Firefox via the X-Sim Extractor button, but using the Sim Commander 3 desktop button it still only opens in IE.
Can you advise which is the correct way to start a game.

Thank you so much for your help and patience.

Regards - John
Fasterthanu

Postby Fasterthanu » Fri 30. Jan 2015, 11:55

Hi zhoudani. At first I was trying to find where in SIM Commander 3 game choice area (where you choose which game you want to play. This is tye window with the icons for each game that is on your PC. I could not find a wizard button there.

So I tried the X-Sim Extractor button and the wizard button is in the bottom left corner of the panel. You then have to work out where you have to enter the location of your Firefox .exe file. This is where you, and I, will have problems.

At first the simulation played from the X-Sim Extractor button page by pressing "Play the game" on the right side. However later I tried again and it did not work. I think it is where your put the .exe location into which query field that is the problem.

Don't get much time to test this at the moment. You may have to trial and error with the location.

Guess this is not much help but sirnoname helped me and I would like to help you.

Good luck
Fasterthanu

Postby Alizeh » Sat 12. Aug 2017, 11:49

I was also searching and couldn't find any games assistant in the advanced area :(
Alizeh

Postby sirnoname » Sat 12. Aug 2017, 23:28

Why you do not use firefox as game executable?
sirnoname
Site Admin

Return to Forum & Website