Settings for k8055 and Sabertooth

Topics and questions about AMC, h-bridges, JRK's etc.

Settings for k8055 and Sabertooth

Postby Babykuni » Sat 21. Jul 2012, 06:14

Hi.
I'm not that smart when it comes to programming the k8055.I have looked at 3 projects on the k8055 and sabertooth on here and the old forum and they are all different in the way they setup the "output setup" section in converter and don't really say if we have to do anything else in the other sections.I have the problem of the motors not stopping just keep turning.
Looked at Motiondaves post of profile making and found that very easy to understand.
So if anyone would like to make a vid or a manual on how to setup the k8055 in X-sim converter i would be very happy.If you want to put a money value on this vid/manual i would be happy to pay within reason.
Been trying to get this going for 3 months now while on holiday(yep long holiday) but have to return to work on Monday so i have accomplished nothing on this holiday... :(

Thanks Bruce.
Babykuni

Re: Settings for k8055 and Sabertooth

Postby motiondave » Sat 21. Jul 2012, 09:36

same sort of issue here, people have been having issues with K8055. I am going to get a K8055 soon though, but it will take a few weeks to sort.
motiondave

Postby Babykuni » Sat 21. Jul 2012, 11:25

Hi Dave.
Just need some sort of pictures or written text to show how and what to put in the settings to make it work and then i can tune it once it is going.Once i can see whats going on i will be able to work it out.And your vid of the profiling excellent and i now know i can set that part of the programming.
Babykuni

Postby motiondave » Sat 21. Jul 2012, 11:30

maybe someone else can help with this...
motiondave

Postby vicpopo » Sat 21. Jul 2012, 13:33

Hi ,
Look at this post I made in on another discussion!
The french team leaded this project very well!
You can find this project in racingfr , *.de and the link I give above.
http://www.x-sim.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=223#p1175
Regards
Gilles
vicpopo

Postby vicpopo » Sat 21. Jul 2012, 13:46

vicpopo wrote:Hi ,
Look at this post I made in on another discussion!
The french team leaded this project very well!
You can find this project in racingfr , *.de and the link I give above.
http://www.x-sim.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=223#p1175
Regards
Gilles

Links:
*.de : http://www.*.de/forum/k8055-sabertooth-wiper-motors-t2883.html
The same in french forum :http://www.racingfr.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=39605
vicpopo

Postby Babykuni » Sun 22. Jul 2012, 01:16

Hi Gillies
Like i said in my orginal post,that i have tried 3 different projects from 3 different people..Adbgg was 1 of them and found his easier to understand but in the output section of converter he has not used anything in the "OUTPUT AXIS DIRECT" where the other 2 i tried to follow had K8055 analog in there or 1 had logitech G27 or they had k8055 analog inputa1 in both places.I have tried both ways and still no good.Plus Adgg is using Profiler 2.1,don't know if that makes a difference between that and the new one.

Thanks Bruce
Babykuni

Postby vicpopo » Sun 22. Jul 2012, 10:32

Babykuni wrote:Hi Gillies
Like i said in my orginal post,that i have tried 3 different projects from 3 different people..Adbgg was 1 of them and found his easier to understand but in the output section of converter he has not used anything in the "OUTPUT AXIS DIRECT" where the other 2 i tried to follow had K8055 analog in there or 1 had logitech G27 or they had k8055 analog inputa1 in both places.I have tried both ways and still no good.Plus Adgg is using Profiler 2.1,don't know if that makes a difference between that and the new one.

Thanks Bruce

Hi Bruce,
Adbgg post is for me the most complete post!It's a good compilation from many people with k8055 saberbooth configuration.
First my configuration:
Configuration

First I connected motors and pots to configure the acceleration when the both axis go up.I used the soft k8055 demo helping me in this task.
The target was that when the value of both axis increase the pot increase in the same way too.I connected motors and pots in this way.May be you have to switch motor + and - and pot + and pot -.
When you setup in the soft the values 133 motors don't move, you can in this position setup you pot position middle way its course (value 127 in velleman soft)
Attached screenshot:
K8055 demo

For Xsim configuration I posted a video on youtube for all setups.

Hope this will help you
Regards
Gilles
vicpopo

Postby menix » Sun 12. Aug 2012, 09:59

I need help with this configuration
in "Calibrate now" my sim moves to minimum and maximum position, but the point "Center axis" dont work
it stays in maximum position after the calibration.
I dont know how to set the Center Position.
please help me
menix

Postby vicpopo » Sun 12. Aug 2012, 10:25

menix wrote:I need help with this configuration
in "Calibrate now" my sim moves to minimum and maximum position, but the point "Center axis" dont work
it stays in maximum position after the calibration.
I dont know how to set the Center Position.
please help me

Hi ,
I never used this menu ,someone else could help you.But you don't need using this menu.In Synaptrix menu you have the potentiometers min and max position for each axis has been created.Choose one axis and after manually (if you can move your simulator ) go to the max and min position and registered them by clicking in the menu.That 's all , after this axis will be centerd in the middle position max and min you registered!
Regards
vicpopo

Return to Controllers and Drivers