Bergison G Seat Motor and powersupply help please

Topics and questions about wipers, winches etc.

Bergison G Seat Motor and powersupply help please

Postby Corneober » Wed 7. Mar 2018, 21:59

Hi there all.

First of all you guys are amazing. So glad I stumbled across this incredible world!

I am a real noob , but I want to try and build a Berginson G seat.

But some of the parts I need are not available in South Africa and shipping costs make it unfeasible to proceed.

So, the suggested Wiper Motor for a Golf 4 is not available anymore from VW spare stores and only a generic type is. (It is a TOPRAN 108 792 for what it is worth). The question is , will it be a mistake to get the generic? Are they all the same with the same output and performance or is it an absolute must to a specific type? What would you suggest if I had to get an alternative.

Secondly for now, the suggested Genssi High Performance 12V DC 40A 480W Regulated Switching Power Supply 12 Volt is also not available. Some of the stores I contacted said this power supply is way too much and said I can get away with much less....but they have no idea what is really required.

SO, any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much

Corne
Corneober

Re: Bergison G Seat Motor and powersupply help please

Postby Bergison » Thu 8. Mar 2018, 07:08

Hi Corne!

The exact model of the wiper motor is completely irrelevant. The reason I used Golf 4 motors is that they had just them at my local junk yard :roll: Take any geared motor you can source that fits (a) the voltage of your power supply, (b) has a rated torque of about 4 to 5 NM (most car wiper motors do) and (c) turns at least at 30 to 50 rpm (which most car wipers also do).

For the power supply you can also choose something different than I did, just make sure the supplied amps are sufficient. You can even take a (car) battery. Take a look at the power supply forums (http://x-sim.de/forum/viewforum.php?f=62), there are listed many different possibilities.

I received your mail regarding information on the G-Seat. Take a look at my website (http://bergisons.simpit.info), I posted descriptions and pictures for builders there.

Cheers, Chris
Bergison

Postby Corneober » Thu 8. Mar 2018, 09:11

Thank you Chris

I will work with that! I can only imagine how long it took you to figure this whole thing out!

Legend!
Corneober

Postby redscreen » Thu 16. Apr 2020, 13:17

Hi Corne!
I want to try and build a Berginson G seat too.
Where did you find the parts needed and perhaps, a tutorial, plan ?

I had planned to build a 2DOF simu but I found this awesome G-seat made by Bergison
redscreen

Return to Motors