Best wiper motors for joyrider

Topics and questions about wipers, winches etc.

Best wiper motors for joyrider

Postby SpaceKaseJase » Tue 29. Mar 2016, 03:53

Hoping someone will reply to this since no on replied to my last post. My son and I are ready to motorize his joyrider for rollercoaster simulator. I've spent hours looking for brand names/model numbers of wiper motors that could power a joyrider. Thanos' wiper motors he used for his seem perfect since watching his video has me convinced his setup is perfect for rollercoaster simulation. All I lnow is they are made by Nissan. Any ideas that could help me further my research?
SpaceKaseJase

Re: Best wiper motors for joyrider

Postby sirnoname » Tue 29. Mar 2016, 19:12

Other do simple go to the junk yard and get two from old trucks. Other option is to open the project gallery and read.
viewtopic.php?t=617
If a answer is correct or did help you for a solution, please use the solve button.
sirnoname
Site Admin

Postby dESK0 » Wed 30. Mar 2016, 03:13

Wiper motors from Nissan Vanette Cargo are cheap, strong and fast.
dESK0

Postby SpaceKaseJase » Thu 31. Mar 2016, 16:53

Thanks so much! I have done lots of research, but have not looked in the project gallery. Will also look into Nissan Vanette Cargo motors.
SpaceKaseJase

Postby lilted » Thu 29. Dec 2016, 10:57

SpaceKaseJase wrote:Thanks so much! I have done lots of research, but have not looked in the project gallery. Will also look into Nissan Vanette Cargo motors.

how's it goes??..have you tried that nissan vanette motor wiper?..please let me know how's it going..thanks
i love sim racing..but i love iracing more..
lilted

Postby solderblob » Tue 28. Mar 2017, 03:59

sirnoname wrote:Other do simple go to the junk yard and get two from old trucks. Other option is to open the project gallery and read.
viewtopic.php?t=617

Could I ad that just going to pick up a wiper motor from a junk yard is ONE solution BUT I found that you have two choices. Using a front windshield wiper motor you have to eliminate the control board and just use the wiring that powers the motor. If you use a FRONT windshield wiper it will constantly find a HOME/PARKED position that it used when you turn off the wipers at the switch. This ends up giving you two (home) positions depending if you switch off the power or disconnect the power. The motor (front wiper) tends to complete its cycle. It takes much longer to figure the extra wires that are in a front wiper. Try to eliminate all of those features by just finding the + and - wires and not use the board. IF you use a rear windshield wiper motor from the back of a van or SUV it often does not have all the functions to interrupt the potentiometer that will be attached to the axle of the worm/gear drive to act as a position sensor/encoder.
solderblob

Return to Motors