3dof with wipermotors and 360 degrees rotation/drifting

Here you can show and share your design ideas and ask questions about them

Re: 3dof with wipermotors and 360 degrees rotation/drifting

Postby bwl265 » Sat 21. Dec 2013, 01:38

Hi vittobrambi,

Thanks for your pm reply.

As suggested may be good to continue discussion here :)

I appreciate the info, just like to clarify a few things. Sadly I'm not near my pc running converter at the moment so I can't have a thorough look thru the rfactor plugin effects list. But you mention rotational speed as the xsim input used for your rotational axis, can I ask what number effect this is? No worries really as I hope i will find this out tomorrow when I have a good look at converter.

I'm looking to go the open loop route at the moment and already have it running the motor correctly with speed control but I'm using effect 32 (can't even remember whether that was yaw acceleration or local velocity y). No real rotation but looks like it will simulate traction loss and drift effectively enough. I have considered using encoders and a four wheel drive system on my next rig but for the moment I'm gonna stick with open loop and get the best out of it possible. I am using JRKs and a golf trolley motor/gearbox for the rotation. I attach a youtube link (just uploaded) of my rig in its current state, testing one axis, quite boring to look at!

Hope I haven't hijacked your thread. Thanks again for your advice.

Ben
bwl265
X-Sim Supporter

Postby vicpopo » Sat 21. Dec 2013, 10:38

Hi ,

Great job and interesting project! Just edited youtube link video ;)
vicpopo

Postby bwl265 » Fri 27. Dec 2013, 22:53

Cheers vicpopo, much appreciated.

Vittobrambi: Thanks again for your advice. I'm afraid I've been unable to find the "rotational speed" effect that you mentioned. Do you get this from the graphics driver or some other means as I can't see it in the normal plugin effects?
bwl265
X-Sim Supporter

Previous

Return to Motion simulator designs