Raceflight V2

Running simulator build projects.
Please use the image gallery for your pictures, a short tutorial can be found here.
The first image in the first post will be shown in the project gallery.

Re: Raceflight V2

Postby Bruceaust » Thu 13. Sep 2012, 23:52

Zandvoort and Brands Hatch are fantastic for testing sim motion! Sim still going strong without a glitch. Although I think I will need to invest is some higher quality feedback pots or work out some method of using hall effect sensors in multi turn mode. I need to measure about 3 turns, end to end, on both axis.
Bruceaust
X-Sim Supporter

Postby Bruceaust » Fri 14. Sep 2012, 12:11

At present I am using those inexpensive 5turn pot as shown in this thread. They work Ok but I have already replaced one because it was noisy around "centre".
I reckon they will give me problems in the near future. I have seen those pot from RS: expensive but they will no doubt last a while. I an doing some research into Hall Effect "pots". They might be worth playing around with, but it will require some gearing to get them to work for me.

No I havn't tried "Dirt" or R factor I have been iracing for a couple of years, so I am more or less committed to that. I am also building an F16 flight sim which I intend to motionisze (new word? :D ) At this stage I intend to use only 1 axis on that sim.
Last edited by Bruceaust on Fri 14. Sep 2012, 14:56, edited 2 times in total.
Bruceaust
X-Sim Supporter

Postby motiondave » Fri 14. Sep 2012, 12:18

Dirt 2 China trailblazer, teeth rattler for sure! Not to mention wicked lateral, longitudinal, and pitch.
motiondave

Postby floriske » Fri 14. Sep 2012, 13:39

@Bruceaust: Don't forget to send me your PC code in order to receive your stage 2 key ;)
I am no longer an admin/active moderator at http://www.x-sim.de. Please contact one of the other admins or moderators if you have any questions. Thank you!

My sim-project: Floriske.nl's 2DOF Playseat GT Wiper motor Project (sold)
floriske

Postby yokoyoko » Fri 14. Sep 2012, 15:07

Hi Bruce,
another good quality for the price pot in my opinion http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=81&products_id=194 for suggestion.

They work Ok but I have already replaced one because it was noisy around "centre".
same here. My solution was to reduce the tooth flank clearance of the gears. (I hope this is the correct translation german=Zahnflankenspiel)
I use gears with "modul 1" (~like pitch 32dp, I think) - to adjust tooth flank clearance I use now a thin piece of plastic bag between the gears. Press the gears together and tighten the screws. If you remove the plastic the clearance is not to big (noisy) and not to small (binding).
yokoyoko

Previous

Return to Motion simulator Projects in progress