New Dirt Rally Available!

Here you can talk about creating profiles, discuss your profile settings and share problems with games and plugins.
Please note that you first have to read the the fitting game section in the manual!

Re: New Dirt Rally Available!

Postby crica » Mon 8. Jun 2015, 12:51

Mertensbart20 wrote:Hello everybody,

Here you can find a video of my 3DOF simulator working with Dirt Rally:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6pzZgh ... e=youtu.be

Greetings,
Bart

Hi all,

I'm still a big big noob in this ... but how does the cockpit keeps rolling without the wires get tangled?
I haven't seen any 3DOF simulator plan yet , I'm still gathering information and knowledge to start a 2DOF (which I presume its much simpler)

Regards
crica

Postby Mertensbart20 » Mon 8. Jun 2015, 17:24

Hello Crica,

The etanglement of the wires is solved by a slipring as can be seen here:

http://www.sleepringen.nl/compact.html

These sliprings provide all the power for the electronics, computer and motor. So all the rest can turn without losing power. It's actually a 2DOF-simulator build on top of a turningtable. I first build a 2DOF and mounted this upon the turningtable. If you want I can send you the technical drawings.

But if you are a noob I would first trie to work out the electronics. What background to you have?

Greetings,
Bart
Mertensbart20
X-Sim Supporter

Postby crica » Mon 8. Jun 2015, 17:51

Hi Bart,

Thanks for your reply , as you can see I was completely forget the existence of those little "gizmos" :)
that is also what is used in cars to allow power to be delivered to the rest of the components.

My background is computer languages, but I used to play airsoft and I have an arduino which allowed me to gain some knowledge in electronics (very very basic)

For now I'm just gathering information cause I have to save money to start buying things ( I'm planning on buying first the power supply as I can't test wiper motors with 220v :)

Best regards
crica

Postby Mertensbart20 » Mon 8. Jun 2015, 22:19

Hello Crica,

If you are going to use arduino I highly recommend this servosystem:

http://www.dimensionengineering.com/products/kangaroo

This system is fully compatible with arduino and I am currently using this system to build a SCARA-robotarm. What type of simulator do you want to build? There are many factors to take into account. My simulator took about three years to finish and tune. But I can proudly say it works great. Next step will be integrating the oculus rift. If you want, we can always hold a chatsession. Always interesting to share ideas with other people.

Greetings,
Bart
Mertensbart20
X-Sim Supporter

Postby crica » Tue 9. Jun 2015, 12:04

Thanks again Bart,

as this is really off-topic :)
I'm going to send you a PM.

Regards
crica

Postby RafBR » Mon 15. Jun 2015, 21:34

Mertensbart20 wrote:Hello Raf,

In the attachment you can see my settings for the roll. The centervalue is 9 000 000 and my minimim is 7 500 000 and maximum is 10 500 000.

Greetings,
Bart

Thanks Mertensbart20!
Will try this.

Where is the thanks button by the way? I think my IE browser do not show none, I wish I could thank you!

Regards!
RafBR
X-Sim Supporter

Postby everwake » Mon 12. Oct 2015, 21:30

Hi, I am new to X-sim, tried following this thread to set up dirt rally to use buttkickers, then butkickers work in the plugin, but I get no data on any of the effects channel, the only place I can see input are the "ingame joy..."

I have tried with both codemaster and LFS plugin with both port 4123 and 2077 configured in both config files of dirt rally, but nothing gives me any input.

outsim just thinks that the game is paused.

has anyone gotten dirt rally to work, I have spend several hours now and I am all out of ideas

thanks in advance
everwake

Postby sirnoname » Tue 13. Oct 2015, 00:16

Old question but however:
Use this plugin:
viewtopic.php?p=16959#p16959
Use this line:
Code: Select all
<motion_platform>
      <dbox enabled="true" />
      <udp enabled="true" extradata="2" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" delay="1" />
      <fanatec enabled="true" pedalVibrationScale="1.0" wheelVibrationScale="1.0" ledTrueForGearsFalseForSpeed="true" />
   </motion_platform>
If a answer is correct or did help you for a solution, please use the solve button.
sirnoname
Site Admin

Postby everwake » Wed 14. Oct 2015, 18:58

Thank you, using that dirt2plugin with extradata="2" worked :)
, the problem was that I did not understand that I had to manually create a plugin folder in the dirt rally gamefolder and copy the dll file there, and honestly even afterwards I can not find the instructions on what is needed to manually install.

My antivirus program (panda antivirus) flagged the plugin file as being suspect. I whitelisted it hoping it is not spyware ''

thank you for your help
everwake

Postby sirnoname » Wed 14. Oct 2015, 19:12

You do not have to create such a folder, neither I told you to do this.
If a answer is correct or did help you for a solution, please use the solve button.
sirnoname
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Game profile & plugin discussions