X-Sim motion profiles universal manual available!

Here you can share and ask information about creating profiles in general (non game specific)

Re: X-Sim motion profiles universal manual available!

Postby boons4 » Thu 13. Sep 2012, 06:32

Hi RafBR,
thanks so much for such a detailed documentation...this really makes life much easier.. I had been hunting for one and resulted to consult MotionDave for every steps... since no documentation. Thanks and it is a fantastic piece of works. I have some questions hope you can help.

I only use XSIM for Iracing
So generally can all the force I use 100% intensity? At the moment seems fine and good. If i want to increase or decrease the strength of the effect i usually alter the nos. only. Is this correct?

Also for the "Adjust smoothness bar", must we used it? from what i read in your manual seems like accerlation and braking needs to use it so that we can feel gradual increase acceleration feel? For Lateral force since we must feel the car roll left or right instantly when we turn.. i was thinking we don't add the smoothness setting... Not sure what i am thinking is correct and logical.. Hope experts and helpful guys like yourself can help me out. Thanks.
boons4

Postby RafBR » Thu 13. Sep 2012, 06:57

If i want to increase or decrease the strength of the effect i usually alter the nos. only. Is this correct?

Yes, the Max value higher softens the movement. Lowering the Max value you have more effect.

Also for the "Adjust smoothness bar", must we used it? from what i read in your manual seems like accerlation and braking needs to use it so that we can feel gradual increase acceleration feel? For Lateral force since we must feel the car roll left or right instantly when we turn.. i was thinking we don't add the smoothness setting... Not sure what i am thinking is correct and logical.. Hope experts and helpful guys like yourself can help me out. Thanks.

Well, I am developing a theory that for sustained Gforces (not shakes, roll angles, etc) it is better to use smoothness. But I will make some animation or drawing to explain it better.

Regards!
RafBR
X-Sim Supporter

Postby hooshang » Thu 13. Sep 2012, 08:34

hello freinds
looking for any proper profile ( .rn2 ) for FSX
specially with joyrider 2DOF wipermotors project.
thank you & regards
Hooshang
hooshang

Postby yokoyoko » Thu 20. Sep 2012, 17:31

Hi,
I asked RafBR some questions and want to share the answers:

Q:
I use vertical for curbs so far. You mentioned "roll acceleration" but I can't find this effect in gtr2 or race07? Is this just in rfactor available?

A:
Well, this effects are really exclusive for rfactor profiles, at least that is what I think.
Perhaps, to be sure, you can ask Sirnoname if it is related to the game itself (the information the game sends out) or to the game plugin (it catches the info from the game output, i think).
edit: I tried this in other games (iracing, rfactor) and this should really be refered to simbin (race07 gtr2).

Q:
I tried "more force at higher speed" settings but I think the "current speed" values for min. max are wrong for gtr2 (2200max 300min) - any advice how I can find out this values?

A:
Why do you think its wrong? The simulator reacts too much or too little? Since I dont have GTR2 I cant help giving you the values, but you can always rise the max value to soften the effect and lower it to have more movement.

I tried this just in GTR2. The result was no real motion at all. I think the values " 2200 - 300" are much less in Gtr2? I mofify my sim at the moment so no racing and testing at the moment. Perhaps someone can post some "current speed" values for different games?

Best regards
yoko
yokoyoko

Postby yokoyoko » Thu 20. Sep 2012, 18:53

Thanks,
I will look at your values or give it a try. The main thing interests me is - "more movement at higher speed".
I tried it with the values in RafBR manual but the values for "current speed" seem to high for using them in GTR2 too.
yokoyoko

Postby RafBR » Thu 20. Sep 2012, 20:07

The values on this manual should be high for a lot of games, this is one thing to keep in mind. ;)
RafBR
X-Sim Supporter

Postby Riton » Fri 26. Oct 2012, 17:36

hello,
Now with my new Thanos card i have a big diffrerence and i need to make news profiles!

I have some questions about the influence of changing values ​​affect the simulator:
Eg effect 26 on DIRT2.

I do several tests with values ​​automatically:
result:
in approximately 1 500 000 + (7 digit average) and 5 000 000 in -

The simulator is still very violent with these values.

What happens if I increase the values?
is that I lose precision?
is that it is negative for rendering, accurate ... increase values​​?

I tried of course to increase the values:
For example I set different values ​​to try:
I went up to 9 000 000.

I want to understand how "values ​​effects" influence "the behavior of the simulator"

Thanks
Riton
X-Sim Supporter

Postby RafBR » Fri 26. Oct 2012, 20:29

Hello Riton! How are you:

What happens if I increase the values?
Increasing "Max value" gives you more range inside what the game "tells" you about what is happening. So if you shorten this range you will have more motion with the slightest movements from the game.

is that I lose precision?
From my point of view is the opposit. You gain precison (more range of motion) but it also outputs less motion.

is that it is negative for rendering, accurate ... increase values​​? No, it is positive to increase values for the accuracy.

From all the tests I made so far I tell you have two options to control the output forces fof you simulator:

1 - To rise the Max values until you have no motion and go down until you are satisfied. And use the less limiters as possible.

2 - To use low Max values and you have a high motion signal output. So you control it by using limiters or scaler.

I personally use the first option and for sure I have best results.

I cant tell you about the differences in values with the new Thanos hardware as I had not time to build mine so far :S
Maybe Thanos can teel if this have anything to do with the 10K multiturn pot that was present in the old 1.5AMC.

Best regards!
RafBR
X-Sim Supporter

Postby Riton » Fri 26. Oct 2012, 21:04

I'm fine, thank you!
I'm trying to set my simulator on all my games, and it is not easy.
I have to translate the tutorial and messages with google and translation is difficult for settings and technical issues ...

it helps me to understand!
I noticed that is your first method is the one I find easiest to correct setting.
I made ​​laps to get an idea of the automatic values​​, then increases until I feel the effects more.
Then I reduce the values ​​to get a result that suits me.

by cons, I find that with all the effects (25/26/27/28/30), the simulator is too violent ...
How to reduce the strength of the simulator?

It is not easy to properly handle the effects and make sure that the maximum effect is well reproduced.

Thanks
Riton
X-Sim Supporter

Postby motiondave » Sat 27. Oct 2012, 00:20

Different cards, different sims, different likes in motion...
A lot of variables.
Maximum adjust is good for general motion finding, then its a matter of fine tuning.

Refer to these videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQaKTaKEvCo profile making
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4nSg0VVgP8 adding effects

I found with profiles, every game is different.
Dirt2 and 3, most numbers are around 300,000 to 600,000.
Race 07, more like in the 2.5m.
Vertical for these varies as well, usually a small number with collision effect added to it.
Dirt 2 and 3, about 300,000 ish for vertical bumps.
Race07 , 981 at 7%, yes thats right, very low. But it works for me.
motiondave

PreviousNext

Return to Creating motion profiles