Cant get motion when playing gtr2 using xsim

Cant get motion when playing gtr2 using xsim

Postby boons4 » Fri 27. Jul 2012, 17:06

Hi motiondave and experts,
Hope u all can help me out.

Pal I tried to use my DIY 2 dof rig for gtr2 which I had succeeded on iraicng. So I use the same rfactor maths setting dAve gave me to start things off and follow same step as iracing to wake the rig up. But some how there is no movement when I starts driving. I choose the gtr2 plugin at force sender program and click send data. Follow by clicking start on force profiler. Immediately my seat will swing to upright position to get ready same as I experience for iracing. Now I launch gtr2.exe file and start to drive the car. No movement. Then I delete all the force to start fresh again with just longitudinal force. Same outcome. No movement.

I toggle out of game using control alt delete, and attempt to click stop sending data. Weirdly, xsim voice come out to say that the gtr2 game is detected. Then there is a dialogue box that say missing gtr2 .fsd file and suggest I save one. So I save one. I restart the sender, profiler and game. Still no movement.

Hope u can help me out pal. Thanks.
boons4

Re: Cant get motion when playing gtr2 using xsim

Postby boons4 » Mon 30. Jul 2012, 04:32

Hi Guys,
I have to answer my own questions again.. and help was given to me from another forum... Nonetheless I feel I must share here as well to support this forum so that many newbie like me can benefit as well if facing the same problem. I solve the issue and enjoying great fun realistic motion with GTR2 now... All thanks to X-SIM once again for such fine software. Cheers.

A bro advise me this:

Hi,
you have to make a change in the PLR file.
Look in the C:\GTR2\UserData folder you will find a <username>.PLR file. In the PLR file there is a line that says something like WriteSharedMem . Change that line from a value of 0 to a value of 1 and that should be it.
boons4

Postby motiondave » Mon 30. Jul 2012, 04:35

Thanks for the info.
motiondave

Postby sirnoname » Mon 30. Jul 2012, 09:23

I'm sorry, this topic is about outdated software which is no longer being supported, please upgrade to x-sim 3.

If you do not use X-Sim 3 with the automatic game setup then you will have this problem. Next to that all this is a part of the manual and quick guides.
If a answer is correct or did help you for a solution, please use the solve button.
sirnoname
Site Admin

Return to GTR & GTR2