motiondave wrote:Yes nice job there, I am surprised to see the "i" of PID so high, 13/8! Bugger me! Mines still 0/3.
Just a suggestion , if you reduce "p" down a bit , it may sharpen up the motion, mind you, I spent about 8 months playing with PID on my motors.
The "I" isn't as high as you think
it's the decimal number behind that counts which is something aroung 0.05..... (not at home atm and don't know it by hard
will add the decimal values later on)
Here's the PID strategy I used after some online research and tips from BobBuilt:
• Start playing with the test plugin to find the value for "P" at which it becomes unstable/overshoots
(Using 1 slider per motor, fastly moving the sliders manually and also setting it to auto at max speed so the sim starts rocking)
• Reduce the max "P" value with 40-50%
• Increase the value for "I" until the "error" is +/-1 and enable reset integral when proportional term exceeds max duty cycle
• Increase the value for "D" to prevent overshooting
• Start testing in game and reduce Max duty cycle etc. to a comfortable feel
Still need a lot of fiddling around, but at least it's up and running again